0
Monday, August 15, 2011 Post By: Grayne Wetzky

31 day primal challenge - update

I am currently in the middle of a strict primal experiment. My experiment started one week ago and for the next 4 weeks or so I will stay on a no cheats, strict primal diet. I am interested in seeing what happens when I move from a relaxed primal(ish) lifestyle to a lifestyle of completely following the primal rulebook.

I am not really interested in tracking too many numbers and measurements so my hard metrics are very limited. Basically I will track my weight and the number of pull ups I can do. I also track my waist size using the slightly less scientific measurement of how tight my belt feels.

So, with all the minutia explained; how has my first week of strict primal living gone?

I am very pleased to say that I have managed to stick to my stated rules. I have not eating anything that doesn't fit exactly with my plan. I have drank nothing but water and kefir. And I have exercised  for at least 1 hour every day.

The results are in, I am almost ready to tighten my belt to the next hole. I have lost 9 pounds, and I can still not do a pull up. In other words, fantastic results! I do realize that a lot (most?) of the weight lost is water weight, but losing 9 pounds of water still feels pretty great.

I fully expect a much more modest weight loss next week. To counteract the inevitable slowdown I have decided to add one sprint session to my workout plans next week. I am a big believer in sprints, but not a big practitioner. This week I will sprint up a hill in my neighborhood. I will keep doing sprints once a week for the rest of my challenge.

I will report my progress (or lack of progress) again next Monday. In the meantime, if you are curious about a primal lifestyle and what it can help you achieve. Check out these great primal resources for more information about the primal lifestyle.



Powered by Blogger.
Copyright Reserved COURAGEOUS MIND 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All