0
Monday, August 29, 2011 Post By: Grayne Wetzky

31 day primal challenge - update

The no cheat primal challenge goes on. I have been living strictly primal for three weeks. Here is a quick update on how I have been doing.

I am still sticking to the eating plan, something I am pretty proud of. It requires a fair amount of self discipline to overcome the urge to eat ice cream in 108 degree weather. Self discipline is not something I have a lot of. It takes a lot of work for to resist certain urges.

As far as exercise goes I'm still not getting as much of it as I would like. I am still struggling with a muscle strain in my back which makes many workouts I want to do too painful. I have to work around my back condition which means I do more leg and arm work, less back exercises. This is a shame because working the back muscles is absolutely key for me to manage the one pull up I am hoping to be able to do at the end of this experiment.

Today's test reveled that I can still not do a pull-up, but I am getting notably closer. I am hopeful that by the next update I will be able to report one pull-up completed with good form.

As far as my weight, it is still going down. I have lost a total of 15 pounds these three weeks, which means I am now down to 225 pounds. I have already decided that commiting to doing primal eating correctly is a lot more effective than my previous eating habits.



Powered by Blogger.
Copyright Reserved COURAGEOUS MIND 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All