0
Tuesday, August 9, 2011 Post By: Grayne Wetzky

31 day primal challenge

I live primal. To me that means eating naturally, avoiding sugar and most grains, getting lots of exercise and enough sleep. Living primal has had a huge impact on my life, not the least being that I now way 50 pounds less than when I started my primal journey just about 1 year ago.

While I am proud of and very pleased with my results so far, I have to admit that my progress has been very slow lately. I am not gaining any weight back, but I am not dropping it very fast either. I know why this is happening, it is because I have gradually let myself bend the rules more and more.

I'm actually pretty excited about the fact that I can be relaxed with my own rules without gaining weight, but I also know that I still need to lose a lot of weight before I reach my goal. So I have committed myself to 31 days of no cheats what so ever. I will be stricter with my diet than ever before, and record my results on this blog as I go along.

These will be the rules that I will live by for the next month:

Absolutely no candy, soda, baked goods or other sugary foods.
Not a grain of grains
No diary with one exception: I'll still drink my home made kefir
No high starch vegetables (potatoes, corn, etc.)
Nothing to drink except water and kefir
I will freely eat most meat, eggs and lots of vegetables
I will be able to eat fruit, but I probably won't have much of it
The only supplement I will take will be fish oil

I will exercise at least one hour every day, a combination of walking and strength training
I should do some sprint training, but I probably won't

I will get at least 8 hours of sleep every night

I will meditate at least once a day through the entire month

This might seem like a pretty substantial list of rules, but I already live by most of these rules most of the time. My challenge will be to stay consistent and stringent for 31 straight days.

For a baseline comparison, I currently weigh 240 pounds, and can do exactly 0 pull ups. My goal is to see improvements in both of these categories by the end of my strict primal experiment. I will report on my progress every Monday going forward.

I am excited to see the results of a truly primal lifestyle. I can't wait to share my progress and encourage anyone who reads this to start their own 31 day healthy challenge. Let's do it!



Powered by Blogger.
Copyright Reserved COURAGEOUS MIND 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All