2
Thursday, October 13, 2011 Post By: Grayne Wetzky

Amazing cauliflower crust pizza

Since I switched to eating primal I've cut out sugar and processed foods. I also have cut virtually all grains from my diet. This means I no longer eat bread which also means I no longer eat pizza. This fact alone might be enough to keep some people from starting a primal diet, and to be honest, I don't blame them. Can a life without pizza be considered a full life?

Luckily, somewhere along the way I have picked up a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust that is completely free from flour. I know that cauliflower pizza crust sounds like the worst idea in the world, but try it just once. I am pretty confident that you will be pleasantly surprised.

So how do you make cauliflower pizza?

You will need:

2 cups of shredded cauliflower

2 eggs

2 cups of mozzarella cheese

Pizza toppings

Start by shredding fresh cauliflower. If you want you can cook the cauliflower before hand, but I never do.

Combine cauliflower, eggs and cheese in a bowl and mix it thoroughly.

Prepare a cookie sheet either by spraying with non-stick spray or covering it with wax paper.

Spread the pizza batter evenly on the cookie sheet. Use your hands to work the pizza crust so it at even thickness.

Bake the crust in the oven at 450 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. The crust should be golden brown and the cauliflower fully cooked.

Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Then add pizza sauce and toppings as you would with a normal pizza. Put the pizza back in the oven until the cheese melts. Don't leave the pizza in the oven too long. If you are using toppings that need to cook for a while such as bacon you can pre-prepare those in a frying pan before putting them on the pizza.

That is all that is too it. The pizza is very delicious, and perfectly primal. Give this recipe a shot, it really is fantastic!



  1. I have to try this. Pizza is one thing I cannot give up. Thank you!

  1. I am so glad you like my recipe! The original recipe is here, along with hundreds more (many primal): http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009/05/low-carb-pizza-dough-cauliflower.html

    Thanks so much for spreading the word about this recipe. It is very special to me. I would love a link back to my site more than even pizza. <3

    Fondly,
    Jamie

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright Reserved COURAGEOUS MIND 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All